Friday, February 17, 2012

1 Down, 3 To Go

We had our first homestudy visit this past Monday afternoon. I would have to say it really went well. The house tour went pretty well and she asked lots of questions. With it being close to supper time, our kids were tired, hungry, and wild! But, hopefully she thought we were pretty normal! Well, except for Mady’s new voice that she decided to start talking in saying, “Whatchu talkin bout lady?” I almost died and motioned for Joey to have a little talk with her right quick! You just never know what will come out of those little mouths!

I have also been working on paperwork all week for our home study and I’m STILL NOT finished. I’m hoping I can wrap it up next week and send the last few pieces off! It is such a great feeling to know we are moving forward. Even if it feels SLOW. Joey and I are trying to remember to give God our fears and worries. We know we are doing what He has called us to do, so we have to remind ourselves to TRUST HIM. Trust Him with it all: paperwork, finances, etc. He is good. And we know He will provide.

THANK YOU to those who purchased items from the 147 Million Orphans merchandise I’m selling. I have on my cute baseball tee today and I love it! Thanks again. We appreciate your help more than you know! On another fundraising note, we will be having two fundraisers in March for our adoption. The first one will be with another adopting family, our friends the Meurrier’s, at Chick Fil A. The second one will be a yard sale the last weekend of March. SO…. for those of you who are going to be doing some spring cleaning- Send it our way!!! I will even send my husband to pick it up! We will be taking donations and storing it in our garage until the sale!

Also, I will still be selling the 147 Million Orphans gear, so you can always email me with an order if you’re interested. The multicolored Ugandan necklaces were out of stock when I placed my last order, so I will be placing another order in a few weeks. The pictures of the items I’m selling are at the bottom of my blog.

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a follower of Christ, a wife to a handsome and Godly husband, and a mother to two beautiful, joyful kiddos. I stay at home with the kids most of the time. Some days I do PRN work as a speech therapist.

Followers