Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lately….

I hope your weekend was wonderful. What beautiful weather today! Many times today when I was just so so thankful for moments with my family.

Anywho…. I have not blogged in a bit so I thought I’d see what I could come up with.

1. Not much updates on the adoption process. Just waiting. Praying God will guide us and that we will trust in Him for provision. Adoption is so expensive. I get so caught up in it sometimes that I could lose my mind. How are we going to pay for it? What can we sell? Etc.  And then I remember….it’s out of my control. I have to trust in Him. I know He has called us to do this, so I know He will provide.

2. The kiddos are so funny these days. Joe is really starting to talk and it’s hilarious trying to guess what he’s saying. Mady and Joe are starting to play together more and enjoy each other. They chase each other up and down the hallway screaming and laughing. I love watching them play and laugh. Nothing like listening to your kids laugh!

3. Our house is for sale. Somebody please buy it. :) The end.

4. We’re moving- hence, the reason our house is for sale! Joey recently took a principal job in his hometown of Carrollton. We are very excited. This was not planned, but just sort of happened. So, we really need our house to sell in about two months! Joey starts his new job this summer, so we would obviously like to have our house sold before then so he doesn’t have to commute. So, add us to your prayers please. We know God is in control- just have to remind ourselves sometimes.

5. I still have some cute earrings for sale from 147 Million Orphans. I have 8 pairs left. They come in blue, light green, light brown, and clear. $18 (Great Mother’s Day gifts!) As always, a purchase supports our adoption.

6. My sweet nephew got “babatized” (as Mady says it) tonight at church. I was so proud of him. He has such a great heart and LOVES the Lord! And boy, can he pray! Whew! So thankful God has stirred in his heart the desire to know Him as his personal Lord and Savior.

7. Yesterday, April 22nd, marked two years since Joey’s ruptured aneurysm. SO hard to believe it has been two years ago. I am SO THANKFUL for my living, breathing husband to continue in this life with me. I catch myself so many times thinking- I could be raising these kids by myself. I could have been a widow after three years of marriage.

God spared his life and for that I am beyond grateful. I pray we live each day for the glory of God doing His work because none of us know when we will be called home. And when I am called home, I hope I hear the words….  “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Matthew 25:21

So…….I guess that’s about all. Hope everyone has a great week!

If you get a minute, become a follower of my blog and keep up with

(PRAY FOR) our adoption journey! :)

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a follower of Christ, a wife to a handsome and Godly husband, and a mother to two beautiful, joyful kiddos. I stay at home with the kids most of the time. Some days I do PRN work as a speech therapist.

Followers