Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homestudy #2, Family , Revival

Well, homestudy visit number 2 is complete! It went well (I think!). Our social worker interviewed us together and then separately. We only have two left and I hope the next one will be next week. I’m ready to get it done and get on to the next step!

I remember reading somewhere to remember that adoption is not about us. Its not about making me feel good or feel like I’m doing something special. It’s about giving a little baby a home which is my heart’s desire and sharing the gospel with him/her. It’s all about HIS glory. So often, I get lost in my own selfishness. This revival is revealing a lot of areas in my life I need to work on. Selfishness is at the top. (There are other areas too that’s for sure! But Praise God for forgiveness and repentance!)

I pray this revival will change our lives forever. I want to be a servant of God in ALL I do. I want to put on the mind of Christ in ALL I do. I want to give Him ALL the glory in the good and the bad. I loved this saying tonight- It went something like this…. When disappointment comes, praise God. So simple but oh so difficult. If I would praise God in everything, giving thanks in everything…. what a better woman of God I would be! How much more joyful I would be. Heck, what a better wife I would be! Smile I’ll work on that just for Joey!

Revival is winding down and although my entire family is Wo’ Out, I will be sad to see it come to an end!

So, tomorrow is the big day! Mady turns 4! So hard to believe. I’m not sure where these past 4 years have gone, but I am OH SO thankful for my little fireball.  Mady, you are my sweet little girl. Your daddy and I love you so very much. I pray for you each day. I love watching you grow and learn. We love you very much Mady Moo! Happy Birthday! Here are a few pictures of our Mady when she was 2…..

078    041139

Now when 3 years old……..

034  234

Oh she has changed so much! I’m sure we will have a birthday party post soon so we will have some 4 year old pictures!

I came across these next few pictures while searching for some old pics of Mady. Can anybody guess when these were?

043044

Wow! Hard to believe this was almost 2 years ago. Joey and Mady in his hospital bed at our house after his surgery.

050051

While Joey slept in his hospital bed, I refused to sleep in a different room. I wanted to be right there beside him! So, I slept on the couch for a little while. Mady of course wanted to join in on the fun. This was us reading our books while getting ready to sleep on the couch!

036040

These pictures are THE WEEKEND BEFORE Joey got sick. We went to a festival in Cleveland on Saturday and then church on Sunday. That very Wednesday, Joey got sick.

049

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!

You can tell in this picture how much weight he lost in just one week. Still hard to believe. But Praise God from whom all blessings flow. His name was glorified through all of it.

Okay, I’m finished for tonight. It’s 11 pm and I’m worn slap out! Night!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a follower of Christ, a wife to a handsome and Godly husband, and a mother to two beautiful, joyful kiddos. I stay at home with the kids most of the time. Some days I do PRN work as a speech therapist.

Followers